After a fresh install on a system with new SSDs, I get no network.
journalctl -xe output shows wicked complaining “org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.opensuse.network was not provided…”
See this page (since I cannot copy and paste from the console session to here): http://www.greenbikers.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=playground:playground
My hunch is that this is associated with my partitioning/setup, though I can see nothing wrong with what I’ve done.
- I have two disks (SSDs)
- Each has a RAID partition. The two then make a RAID-1 device
- LVM volume group uses the above RAID-1
- Then LVM logical volumes for root, home etc are created.
- There is a separate /boot partition on one disk (i couldn’t get raid-ed booting to work, but that’s not interesting to this thread).
- Once booted (with no networking!), the system appears ok - I can create stuff, see all the right LVM filesystems etc.
If I install into a single regular partition on one of the disks it works fine. Hence my hunch. However I did want RAID-1 (for presumed reliability).
I have tried to restart the network service from the command line but get the same errors.
I have also tried to go through yast to configure the networking, but get the same errors.
Any ideas how to resolve this installation issue?