No Flash in Google Chrome

Ok this took me hours to figure out. First install google chrome 64 or 32 bit. Go with what your system is. After that go to terminal as root and type in

cd /opt/google/chrome

rm plugins

ln -s /usr/lib/browser-plugins/ plugins

or Depending if your running 32 or 64 bit

ln -s /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/ plugins

Here is the tricky part down load the newest version of adobe flash as .tar and extract it into

/usr/lib/browser-plugins/

or if your running 64

/usr/lib64/browser-plugins/

The only problem I have been finding currently is that sound does not work. and it seems to run slower then if I where using chrome on windows. I am still trying to find an answer to this problem.

When I type "firefox in the terminal I get a

***nss-shared-helper: Shared database disables (set NSS_USE_SHARED_DB to enable).
LoadPlugin/libflashplayer.so [/usr/lib64/browser-plugins/libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32]

I have no Idea what this error is but at least I got the video portion working on my own :slight_smile:

Hi
That’s probably because you have the 32bit version of libflash, here is
a link for the 64bit one;
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.42.34.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz

Also after you install like that, run ldconfig as root user.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.42-0.1-default
up 22 days 1:33, 4 users, load average: 0.11, 0.14, 0.09
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - CUDA Driver Version: 190.53

still nada, and the thing is it’s also happening on my wifes computer, which is 32bit and it stops firefox from working too.

Chromium is my browser, but I was having some strange problems with page loading being slow, so I’ve gone to Opera for now since it syncs my bookmarks similarly. However, with Chromium (from the repos) I had no issues with flash, any plugins for that matter…