NFS service will not start - unspecified error

I use the NFS client in Yast to mount three folders in my Home directory from my NAS
The system boots and pauses for a long time at the NFS service start then fails and continues to boot.
When I check system services in Yast the NFS service is not started. If I try to start it I get an “unspecified” error
Also when I try to reconfigure NFS in Yast I get “Unable to mount the NFS entries from /etc/fstab”
This is a Fresh install of 12.1 with all needed patches installed as at 2/5/2012.

Can anyone help??

On 2012-05-03 12:16, jimmm wrote:

> Can anyone help??

Start it manually, not with yast. “rcnfs start”, in a terminal after doing
“su -”. Check the output, check the logs. Check the firewall. Mount the
corresponding entry in fstab.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 “Celadon” at Telcontar)

And what about showing us those entries in /etc/fstab. That would be the minimal factual information you can provide.

I had the issue on several nfs clients that rpcbind got started to late while booting in systemd. Here’s a method (hack) to solve it: http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/473192-issue-withsystemd-home-nfs.html. I don’t know if this has been fixed in the meantime. Make sure you have updated systemd though.

OK, all fixed.

Noted that when I tried to access the NFS share in Dolphin, Dolphin returned and error related to Permission access and fstab

Added “user” to the already “default” options in the NFS client config in Yast.

Re-booted and all is working.

Thanks for your reponses

Consider this one fixed.