Newbie here...Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi. I am new to linux and have had some trials and tribulations getting stuff to work correctly.

I have two boxes with linux only running Fedora. Seem to be working ok.

I have my main work computer trying to set up dual boot. Have tried the rest and had one kind of issue after another. Mandriva installs fine but after 4 attempts each install loses the desktop. Tried both Gnome and KDE and 64 bit and 32 bit. Done trying.

I tried PCLinuxOS and hated it ! Went back to trying Mandriva again… Gnome crashed second day…wiped and starting over again.

Tried Fedora. Simply won’t install. Constant problems with partitions. Tried the DVD version of SuSe and that fails as well because it can’t find it’s own packages. I ran the check of the DVD option and it says the CD is bad so I threw it away and am downloading the LiveCD to try that.

Everyone in their respective forums has been very nice and helpful but nothing they suggest seems to help me get a stable dual boot installation to function.

Goal: eliminate Windows.
Barriers: QuickBooks, Printer/Scanner/Fax drivers don’t exist. CUPS lets me print but cant access the scanner or fax.

Anyway…not you know my sordid history with Linux !

But I will keep trying until I burn out ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to openSUSE. Enjoy yourself:)

Thanks much!

All that you just listed… prepare for a long future of compatibility fun! Okay, I’m just kidding. Once you get it all sorted out, it’s a breeze. Welcome to the fun.

Welcome to the jungles of OpenSuse :stuck_out_tongue:

HI! Welcome on the forum!