New OpenSuSe 12.2 missing drivers for some Brother Printers, Epson Scanners

I installed Opensuse 12.2 today after a hard drive failed (again) on a server. I had to reinstall the OS anyway, and thought I’d have a quick look at OpenSuSe 12.2 and the state of KDE4. First thing I discovered, even when I went to “more drivers” was the currently popular Brother HL-5370DW didn’t have any drivers for it. Brother, however, at Brother Solutions Center : Brother Driver for Linux Distributions has drivers. Just click on the rpm versions of both the LPR driver and the cupswrapper driver, and it will ask if you want to install it with the apper software. Enter the root password and the software gets installed, and you can choose default paper sizes, etc in Yast/hardware/printers. The Epson 4490 scanner wouldn’t work without the Epson supplied drivers, either. The Epson linux driver site has three rpms you need, iscan-data-1.17.0-2.noarch.rpm, iscan-2.29.1-5.usb0.1.ltdl7.x86_64.rpm, and iscan-plugin-gt-x750-2.1.2-1.x86_64.rpm.
Just click on the file and the apper install program will install them for you. After I did that, my scanner just worked.