New kernel, Adjusting video mode

Hi All,

I have updated my kernel to 2.6.27.48-0.2. Everything is fine, but when the system boots, it askes for a video mode, which I need to specify manually.

The video mode is: 1280x768x32 Vega. This works well, but I want to edit the configfile in order to avoid manually setting the mode in each booting occasion.

My question is which file I need to edit.
I have tried to add the note: vga=1280x768x32 Vega to the kernel option when booting. But, it does not help at all, and the system always asks for manual setting of the video mode.

Thank you.

32 bit is not possible use 16 bit for the splash screen. Boot with bootparameter

vga=791

Note that this doesnt affect your X-Server video mode which is defined in xorg.conf

By the way what do you mean with Vega? Vega sounds like a star in the constellation Lyra. Or do you mean the game?

Vega is for Vegetarians

:smiley: That explains where “vegans” come from – another solar system.

I have updated my kernel to 2.6.27.48-0.2. Everything is fine, but when the system boots, it askes for a video mode, which I need to specify manually.

I have a similar issue on my desktop system ( the hardware on this system has problems, not linux related ) In my case if I allow It to make its choice it continues and sets the correct resolution after the 30 seconds specified, or if I set the resolution myself it also works.Is this the same behavior you are seeing? I don’t use this machine often because of the hardware problem. I can have a look into this on my machine in the next few days,If you don’t find an answer and if my situation is relevant.

That explains where “vegans” come from – another solar system.

My suspicions are confirmed then!

Thanks for your replies.

Some of you have noticed that Vega is not a monitor name. Yes, that is Vesa.

I have given the option vga=791 for the kernel. That is fine. Anyway, this choice does not show the booting messages, but they are not needed.

dvhenry: Yes, that is the same issue, but now it has been fixed. You may also use it.

Thank you once again.