New installation - updates issue

Disclamer - I am completely new user. I have installed 11.2 from OpenSuse DVD on a clean partition. The problems I am having are:

1. Updater Applet - it keeps trying to do the update and fails with the message: DBus error: Unable to get transaction id from packagekit.

2. svn. I am trying to understand how to run svn client. I found installation instructions here. However, running the command

zypper install subversion

produces following error message:
zypper: error while loading shared libraries: libzypp.so.619: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

I am confused, because the installation was done from ISO downloaded from SUSE and no other software was installed.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Essentially a problem with libzypp (during an update) requires this workaround:

cd /usr/lib64

(for 64-bit system)

cd /usr/lib

(for 32-bit system)

ln -s libzypp.so.631.0.4 libzypp.so.619

Then run

zypper up

Being lazy will not help you. When you have a question about an svn client, take the effort to make a seperate post and do not hide it in a post about update problems. No ppl knowing about svn will ever open this post.

caf4926: thank you. It worked just like you explained. Additional benefit in your helpful response was that I understand now why you used “ln” command.

hcvv:You misread my post. I did not ask for the help in subversion install

Sorry, I read “problems” (plural) amd saw two numbers (1 and 2).

Often people forget that they are served best by the community
when they have one problem/question per thread, all with a telling title.

Apparently that was not the case here.

No problem, you are welcome;)