Nevernote for openSUSE 11.4 X64

Hi,

Anybody out there know where I can find a Nevernote (Evernote client for Linux) for an X64 system (Lenovo Thinkpad T61) ?

Cheers.

H.:\

there are rpm’s on SourceForge that appear to be distro neutral NeverNote - Browse /Current at SourceForge.net

if it works might note it in this thread

Hi and thanks,

I know. I managed to get one of these packages up and running under Xubuntu 10.10 (deb).

No luck with several of the rpm-packges, however.

Regards.

H.

What error did you get with the RPM?

Also, there is a 64 bit tar file you can download. It has an install program that puts the same files in the same places as the RPM.

Thanks,
Randy

When invoking Nevernote from the menu (Xfce) it simply didn’t start. when starting it from within its directory /usr/share/nevernote by ./nevernote.sh a whole screen of messages came up with something about expecting 32-bit but getting 64-bit or the other way round. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with a x64 installation of openSUSE 11.4/Xfce 4.8.

It’s actually no big issue as tomorrow my Windows 7 notebook is back from repair. Nevernote has got a few useful features such as ‘Duplicate Note’ which the Windows client does not have.

Thanks.

H.

I used the AMD64 RPM Download NeverNote from SourceForge.net and installed with RPM and it worked without problems. :slight_smile: My computer has openSUSE 11.4 and KDE 4.6

I’m glad it works.

Sorry for the lack of reply. This thread must have been lost in my inbox. In case others experience the problem above, it is normally caused by having a 32 bit Java running under a 64 bit Linux. The easiest solution is to download & install the 32 bit tar file.