NetworkManager Applet missing from taskbar - refuses to load

I deleted my task bar and made a new one, but now i have no network manager applet and ‘add to panel’ has none listed.

Tried nm-applet which results in the following

libnotify-Message: Unable to get session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See GConf configuration system for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

** (nm-applet:5221): WARNING **: <WARN> applet_dbus_manager_start_service(): Could not acquire the NetworkManagerUserSettings service as it is already taken. Return: 3

(nm-applet:5221): GConf-WARNING **: Directory `/system/networking/connections’ was not being monitored by GConfClient 0x6fa9e0

Network settings are to use NetworkManager not ifup. Still no applet.

As root the applet appears automatically on the taskbar.

How do i get the applet working?

Have you added a sys tray to the new panel? That is where the network manager icon would be. The Taskbar is for active tasks like open browser windows etc…
Unfortunately I’m a KDE user so can just advise exactly.

Worked, added systray ‘notification area’ thanks.

No problem - Happy you sorted it;)