Network Projection

I’ve tried some Googling but not finding what I’m after, so not sure its currently possible…

Can Network Project be achieved? If so, any good articles out there that explain this clearly with all requirements?

Graphics hwinfo

27: PCI 500.0: 0300 VGA compatible controller (VGA)             
  [Created at pci.366]
  Unique ID: Ddhb.Vt40IziDww9
  Parent ID: 3hqH.hRouUYqBwWB
  SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.0/0000:05:00.0
  SysFS BusID: 0000:05:00.0
  Hardware Class: graphics card
  Model: "nVidia GF119 [GeForce GT 610]"
  Vendor: pci 0x10de "nVidia Corporation"
  Device: pci 0x104a "GF119 [GeForce GT 610]"
  SubVendor: pci 0x1458 "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd"
  SubDevice: pci 0x3546 
  Revision: 0xa1
  Driver: "nvidia"
  Driver Modules: "nvidia"
  Memory Range: 0xde000000-0xdeffffff (rw,non-prefetchable)
  Memory Range: 0xd0000000-0xd7ffffff (ro,non-prefetchable)
  Memory Range: 0xd8000000-0xd9ffffff (ro,non-prefetchable)
  I/O Ports: 0xe000-0xefff (rw)
  Memory Range: 0xdf000000-0xdf07ffff (ro,non-prefetchable,disabled)
  IRQ: 35 (33411861 events)
  Module Alias: "pci:v000010DEd0000104Asv00001458sd00003546bc03sc00i00"
  Driver Info #0:
    Driver Status: nouveau is not active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe nouveau"
  Driver Info #1:
    Driver Status: nvidia is active
    Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe nvidia"
  Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
  Attached to: #13 (PCI bridge)

Primary display adapter: #27

Projector is the Epson EH-TW8300

I’m not quite sure what you are asking for, from that text file you are using the propitiatory nvidia drivers, do you mean can you connect a remote client and run a gui app with full acceleration?
I’ve never done it, I think it’s a security issue and it’s off by default I’m probobly wrong I mean you can install a remote connection client and do what ever

Nope…as per subject, network projection…i.e. IP to projector rather than cabled (like VGA, HDMI, etc)…its very common place these days

Hi
You need a HDMI over IP extender/convertor, google on that will give you info.

That’s just crazy…not interested in buying more hardware…

Windows 10 has native software support for Network Projection, can someone explain why the equivalent support can’t be integrated into *nix??

Hi
Why crazy? I’m sure if you provide the relevant developers with all the hardware required, I’m sure they will be happy to get something working… That’s how a lot of kernel developers (eg LW Finger) get things working, I have all sorts of bit’s and pieces I have brought/collected to get it working on linux.

So maybe contact Epson and ask them to provide a solution for their hardware, eg EasyMP Network Projection software.

if only epson does it, it’s not that common, I just didn’t get what your graphic card had to do with it,
generally speaking it sounds like streaming, vlc can stream your video output to an IP, as it encodes video on the fly it will be slow but …

I don’t have such hardware to play with, so can really only speculate a bit here. As Malcolm already mentioned, it is really up to Epson to support Linux users with the necessary utilities and/or protocols. Having said that from what I’ve read so far, it seems that EasyMP uses RDP apparently, so it might be possible to set up an RDP sever on the openSUSE machine (eg using xrdp) with the projector functioning as a remote desktop client. The projector would need to be configured so that it could establish a remote desktop session with the Linux machine. Does the Epson machine have a web interface to allow configuration via the LAN perhaps? You could try reaching it via a browser.

Check for any open ports

nmap <IP address of Epson projector>

http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/000/025/961/c15836R1.pdf

FWIW, here’s Epson’s patent claim for their implementation of this technology.