network not working after upgrade to 13.2

I now upgraded my last computer, a 68 bit Asus laptop to 13.2. Afterwards there was no internet connection. The ethernet card had no IP address. I checked with Yast. The setting was to DHCP as it should be. I tried several times rcwicked restart and rcnetwork restart - still the same. Then as test I gave the IP address (with Yast) a fixed IP. Afterwards the was still no IP address. So as root I entered ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.6 netmask 255.255.255.0. THen the IP address was listed with ifconfig eth0.
I entered the default gateway to 192.168.2.1 and tried to ping.

linux-tl1r:~ # ifconfig eth0
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 48:5B:39:76:80:2D  
          inet addr:192.168.2.6  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:48 

linux-tl1r:~ # ping -c4 192.168.2.1
PING 192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 192.168.2.6 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.2.6 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.2.6 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.2.6 icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable

--- 192.168.2.1 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 0 received, +4 errors, 100% packet loss, time 3002ms
pipe 3
linux-tl1r:~ #

Nothing - here are a few more information:

04:00.5 Ethernet controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMC250 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 1905
        Physical Slot: 5
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 48
        Memory at d0400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
        I/O ports at a100 [size=128]
        I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
        Capabilities: [68] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [50] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [40] MSI-X: Enable- Count=8 Masked-
        Capabilities: [70] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable+ 64bit+
        Kernel driver in use: jme
        Kernel modules: jme
linux-tl1r:~ # rcwicked status
wicked.service - wicked managed network interfaces
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/wicked.service; enabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Wed 2015-01-14 10:16:43 NZDT; 14min ago
  Process: 3158 ExecReload=/usr/sbin/wicked --systemd ifreload all (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 2221 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/wicked.service

Jan 14 10:16:13 linux-tl1r.site wicked[2221]: device wlan0 failed: call to org.opensuse.Network.Interface.linkUp() failed: General failure
Jan 14 10:16:43 linux-tl1r.site wicked[2221]: device eth0 failed: operation timed out
Jan 14 10:16:43 linux-tl1r.site wicked[2221]: lo              up
Jan 14 10:16:43 linux-tl1r.site wicked[2221]: eth0            setup-in-progress
Jan 14 10:16:43 linux-tl1r.site wicked[2221]: wlan0           device-not-running
Jan 14 10:21:50 linux-tl1r.site wicked[3158]: device eth0 failed: operation timed out
Jan 14 10:21:50 linux-tl1r.site wicked[3158]: eth0            device-ready
Jan 14 10:21:50 linux-tl1r.site wicked[3158]: eth0            setup-in-progress

I just wonder if the network card is not working any more??? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Uli[/size][/size][/size]

To summarize:
. you always use DHCP and it does not provide your system with any data now;
. you can configure an IP address/netmask and ifconfig shows that looks OK;
. nevertheless you are not even able to ping the router (I assume that is the same as the DHCP server that did not deliver earlier).

Assuming that you used the correct IP addresses, that looks like a broken cable/connector or something of the sort. Even a (partly) broken NIC is possible. Check the connection, when possible replace the NIC to test.

Thank you, Henk
Yes, I always use DHCP on this computer, although the servers and network printer have fixed IP. And the other computers received the DHCP settings without problem so it is not the DHCP server which is the router.
Yes, I could configure fixed IP but not through Yast only through ifconfig (commandline). That’s why I thought it might be a software problem. That I could use the computer (it is the only one in the small network with dual screen set-up) I configured the wireless connnection. That computer is a laptop with the NIC integrated into the motherboard. So that cannot be replaced easily. I tried 3 reboots - the last one after an online upgrade - no change.
I changed the old patch cable (even though the cable tester (wire-map) showed OK) and today I received and address through DHCP (even two with wireless) so it might have been a bad contact. Let’s hope it is fixed now.
Thanks again
Uli