Network not work

I install from openSUSE-11.3-NET-x86_64.iso. Installation was succesfull, but after install all packet on test internet / update was error. And after log in in installed system internet not work. I use router with DHCP. What’s wrong?

semmaxim I install from openSUSE-11.3-NET-x86_64.iso. Installation was succesfull, but after install all packet on test internet / update was error. And after log in in installed system internet not work. I use router with DHCP. What’s wrong?
We need to know more about your computer and specifically about your network card/interface. If you told us your Computer Brand and Model and if you know the network interface chipset. If you have a dual boot computer, you can go into Windows / Control Panel / Device Manage and look at the Network category for any specifics about the network type or chipset on your PC.

Thank You,

Integrated lan on Gigabyte EP43-DS3 motherboard. YAST hardware report: Deposit Files

I see that this is a Realtek 8111C (10/100/1000 Mbit) chipset. What I have run into on a dual boot system is that after Windows sets it up, it can not connect at 1 Gigabit. You must manually force it to work at 100 MB for it to work OR, you can power off, unplug PC, then turn back on and go straight into Linux and it will work. After using Window and then using Linux, you will see the Network Switch Port light constantly going on and off as if trying to determine the port speed, but it will not connect.

I have found that using the following parameters in your:
YaST / Network Devices / Network Services / Overview Tab / Select Your Network Card in the List / Edit button at bottom / Hardware Tab / Ethtool Options, add the following test and select Next:

**speed 100 duplex full autoneg off**

This will force the use of 100 MB only all of the time, If you still wish to use Windows and do not want to turn your machine off between using Windows and Linux.

Thank You,

Thanks, all work.

semmaxim Thanks, all work.
That is good to hear semmaxim. As a relative new user in these parts, I normally post a little more information about how the openSUSE forum operates.

Get more info on forum operation here:

openSUSE Forums FAQ

Forum Message Counts:

As you start or answer any message thread here in the openSUSE forums.

Puzzled Penguin 0-49 (new users start with this level)
Student Penguin 50-99
Explorer Penguin 100-249
Busy Penguin 250-499
Parent Penguin 500-999
Wise Penguin 1000-1999
Omniscient Penguin 2000

Here is a picture of the message count symbols:

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

FYI here are the reputation levels:

As you reward another user for the help they have provided you using
the reputation icon is in the lower left of any message that you read
and looks like a star.

REPUTATION LEVELS:

User is infamous around these parts -99999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behavior in the past -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0-9 (new users start with this level)
User is on a distinguished road 10-19
User will become famous soon enough 20-149
User has a spectacular aura about 150-249
User is a jewel in the rough 250-349
User is just really nice 350-449
User is a glorious beacon of light 450-549
User is a name known to all 550-649
User is a splendid one to behold 650-999
User has much to be proud of 1000-1499
User has a brilliant future 1500-1999
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000
Thank You,

I am having the very same problem, the program reports to me:
"PackageKit Error repo-not-available: Download (curl) error for ‘http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.3/repodata/repomd.xml’: Error code: Connection failed Error message: Couldn’t resolve host ‘download.opensuse.org’ " what can I do to remedy this? Not a newbie…more like newborn, please be specific, should I re-install? thymez

I am having the very same problem, the program reports to me:
"PackageKit Error repo-not-available: Download (curl) error for ‘http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.3/repodata/repomd.xml’: Error code: Connection failed Error message: Couldn’t resolve host ‘download.opensuse.org’ " what can I do to remedy this? Not a newbie…more like newborn, please be specific, should I re-install? thymez
Make sure you don’t have more than one program trying to check your packages for updates at the same time. For instance, when you first start your PC, the Update Applet in the icon Tray will look for updates. While it is looking, you can not run Software Management or Software Repositories at the same time. If you try to run two at the same time, you can get the very error that you suggest. I say restart your PC, wait about 10 minutes to let the Update Applet run and then try to open Software Management and see if you get any errors then.

Thank You,

I have the same problem: not access to Internet by browser Firefox version 3.6. 6 for openSuSe 11.3 but I have access to my internet service provider.
Note: I have full access to Internet with browser Opera 11.00 build 1156.
Question: What can I do with settings for Firefox 3.6.6 that resolve this problem?
How to make browser Opera 11.00 default system browser?

My PC is notebook Sony VAIO VGN-AR770U
OS is openSuSe 11.3 x86_64.

Best regards!