Network Manager Gnome 3, opensuse 11.4 mobile broadband

I want to use my laptop to share network for VoIP adapter. I’m using mobile stick as well as wi-fi and Network manager under Gnome 3. Voip adapter asks for address via DHCP to gain the access to the server some where in the other side of the world. Any good ides how to implement that. Thank you.

So how do You connect your laptop to the VoIP adapter and how is the laptop connected to the Inetnet ?

Depending on how You want to do this post 20# might be useful.
How to create network bridge? - Page 2

Best regards,
Greg

Right, the link you gave wouldn’t help on my case. the adapter is connected to LAN port on the laptop via crossover cable. Also the adapter asks for IP address from DHCP server.

In my case Xbox was connected to the laptop with ethernet and was also a DHCP client just like your VoIP box I believe. DNS masquerading + NAT takes care of that. My laptop was connected to the router with WiFi and the router was the DHCP server for both. Of course the router was also a default gateway for the laptop. How is your laptop connected to the Internet ?

Best regards,
Greg

Hi,

you ot it working with IFUP, but I was asking to get it running with NetworkManager. So still not resolved.

Right, the link you gave wouldn’t help on my case. the adapter is connected to LAN port on the laptop via crossover cable. Also the adapter asks for IP address from DHCP server.

You’ll need to install the ‘DHCP and DNS Server’ pattern (via YaST>>Software>>Software Management). Graphical guide here.

you ot it working with IFUP, but I was asking to get it running with NetworkManager. So still not resolved.

I’m not sure if NM can be used to configure a network interface for IP Masquerading (and setting the required firewall’s external zone). I think you should be able to configure it by disabling NM with YaST, configuring the ethernet interface with YaST (ifup), then re-enabling NM again. Read this ICS guidel, specifically the ‘openSUSE Server’ section.

No I did it using NetworkManager :slight_smile:

Did You even read that post ?

Best regards,
Greg