Need libpng.15.so.15

Hi everyone. I’n having some trouble installing the bad gstreamer plugin…It says i need libpng.15.so.15 but nothing provides it…Does anyone know where i can get it? Thanks!

Where are you installing it from? What openSUSE version are you using?

Since it should be compiled against the libpng version included in openSUSE, please post also your repo list, they might not match:

zypper lr -d

I’m using Tumbleweed of course…And i’m installing it from the Tumbleweed Packman repo…

I don’t know why but it doesn’t seem to want to let me paste the command output…It’s from the packman repo for tumbleweed though

That’s no answer! He asked you what openSUSE version, because that has just changed even for Tumbleweed to a 13.1 base. How else should we know what you have installed?

So, what openSUSE version is your Tumbleweed running?

Well, Tumbleweed has already changed to 13.1 as base, but the Packman repo is still built against 12.3.
It will take a while to rebuild all packages.

And 13.1 only contains libpng16.

So either wait, install gstreamer from the standard OSS repo, or install libpng15 from the 12.3 repo.

Well please excuse me… I was under the impression that once the standard version was changed to tumbleweed that it was all the same after that everything was always up to date after that. People come here for help…Not to be scolded for not answering just the right way due to misunderstanding. . I did a fresh install from a 12.2 disk then upgraded that to 12.3 then upgraded THAT to tumbleweed…Then i installed the packman tumbleweed repo…Then i tried to install the gstreamer bad plugin and got the dependency error and here i am…

Thank you for your help…I’ll try getting it from the 12.3 repo. Thanks again.

Like “automagically”? Interesting to know the source of that impression - it may need updating. :slight_smile:

I did a fresh install from a 12.2 disk then upgraded that to 12.3 then upgraded THAT to tumbleweed…Then i installed the packman tumbleweed repo…Then i tried to install the gstreamer bad plugin and got the dependency error and here i am…

I would call that a useful start. :wink:

However, knowing roughly WHEN “upgraded THAT to Tumbleweed” took place would tell us more. I could assume it all happened very recently in sequence, but it could be wrong without knowing if you are a new user of T’weed or not.

Knowing what you did just before a breakage or error message, and HOW (method used e.g. zypper dup, YaST Software Management, etc.) is usually important for helpers, so please include that information whenever you can.

If you install using zypper commands, it is easy to copy & paste the command used and the error message(s) directly into your post (between code tags). Then we can see exactly what took place (and how). BTW for upgrading and updating, “zypper dup” is the recommended and supported method.

Between standard openSUSE releases, the Tumbleweed repo will fill with many upgrades/updates more frequently than standard release (you should be getting those updates as well). Just remember that users choose what and when they update. Typically a minimum of six or seven repos are enabled, so helpers here need as much relevant info as possible in the initial post.

I hope that helps [next time]. :slight_smile:

Just a heads up:
In the meantime (32bit 2 days ago, 64bit yesterday apparently) the Packman Tumbleweed repo has finished rebuilding against 13.1.

The dependency issues should be fixed now.

And you should be able to uninstall libpng15 again after updating.