Need help on opening ports on the firewall

Hello all,

I’m having issues allowing port 6891 through firewall. Any help?

That is, on the YaST Control Centre and the Firewall option. The custome rules have three zones and I don’t know whether to use DMZ or what else.

Thanks.

When you have only one system, allow from external (your NIC should be attached to external).

“Custom rules” is confusing.
Try this route:
Decide whether you need to open TCP port 6891 or UDP port 6891 or both. If you don’t know then open both.
Step 1 - Zones: In Yast –> Security and Users –> Firewall –> Interfaces —> Place your network interfaces in the External zone.
Step 2 - Ports: In Yast –> System –> /etc/sysconfig Editor –> Network –> Firewall –> SuseFirewall2 –> + (expand).
If you want TCP 6891 then locate on the left side the entry FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP, highlight it and then on the right side add 6891 to the space-separated list.
If you want UDP 6891 then locate on the left side the entry FW_SERVICES_EXT_UDP, highlight it and then on the right side add 6891 to the space-separated list.

Lock that in with OK/Next/Whatever. The firewall will restart with the changes activated.

PS: I believe that only TCP port 6891 (not UDP 6891) needs to be opened for Kopete to receive MSN inbound traffic - if that’s what this is about.

Thanks both of you guys! =D

Editing the network using the /etc/sysconfig editor did the job! rotfl!

Yes sir, I need aMsn to work a little faster on the webcam and files, thanks!