My system becomes sluggish when multimedia is played

Hi guys, I am having a problem in my Opensuse 12.1 Gnome recently. My system is core 2 Duo with 1 GB RAM. My problem is that if I play any multimedia like sound,movies/Videos or games(For example supertux) my system becomes sluggish and does not respond quickly. If use ALT + f2 and r to restart the shell, nothing improves instead the desktop doesn’t come back. I don’t remember exactly when this problem has started but recently I upgraded my kernel to version 3.3.3 from Opensuse’s Additional Repositories (j.eng). Also I am using BTRFS file system. Any Idea? should I restore my kernel back to default.

gauravsinghfzd wrote:

> recently I upgraded my kernel

And your graphics diver IS?

Well I don’t know the details in linux but in windows my display driver is Intel GMA 965 Mobile

Jan Engelhardt’s repo does not belong to the openSUSE Additional repos. It’s in the /home: repos. which are considered unstable. I suggest you revert to the openSUSE kernel version. On btrfs: not using this yet, seen too many posts on btrfs to declare it stable for my own use.

Knurpht wrote:

>
> Jan Engelhardt’s repo does not belong to the openSUSE Additional repos.
> It’s in the /home: repos. which are considered unstable. I suggest you
> revert to the openSUSE kernel version. On btrfs: not using this yet,
> seen too many posts on btrfs to declare it stable for my own use.
>
>

+1 agree

Well I think this worked. I haven’t played any video but I played audio for 20 minutes and it worked nicely.
I also want to ask if the kernel package from the tumbleweed repo is stable?

Thanks for solution.

I have been using it without issue