My MFC-J6710DW Brother printer don't works when conected to cable Network or WiFi

My MFC-J6710DW printer only works when connected to USB. When I try to print via network It doesn’t work (Cable network or WiFi).

I have a HP 430 Notebook PC. I am using OpenSUSE 12.1 64 bits. To setup my printer I have followed this instructions:

Brother Solutions Center : Brother Driver for Linux Distributions

The only thing that I can’t do as indicated is that I can’t do the command to restart the printer settings.

The command is:

/etc/init.d/lpr restart

And in the init.d directory I don’t have any file named lpr. So I can’t restart printer settings. What I do is to reboot the Notebook.

If somebody have installed this printer (MFC-J6710DW) to work via network in OpenSUSE please help me.

The only thing that I can’t do as indicated is that I can’t do the command to restart the printer settings.

The command is:

/etc/init.d/lpr restart

You use the following to restart CUPS

rccups restart

My MFC-J6710DW printer only works when connected to USB. When I try to print via network It doesn’t work (Cable network or WiFi).

I generally install both lpr driver and cupswrapper for all Brother printer/scanners, then configure via the CUPS web interface

http://localhost:631/admin

The instructions for network-connected devices are here:

Brother Solutions Center : Brother Driver for Linux Distributions

FWIW, my network-connected HL-2150 (work printer) is configured with

socket://192.168.90.13

pertaining to the IP address of the printer.