My cough won't go away.

I’ve had the same symptoms. It started with an irritating tickle in the back of my throat. My cough started off as dry and after some time it turned into a deeper or wet cough… now it’s been about 5 months. I’ve gone to the doctor and had X-rays but they didn’t show anything. I was given some pills to take each morning for heart burn as my doctor insisted that this could be a symptom of my cough. This did not work and i didn’t expect it to. I don’t have much faith in going back to the doctor so if anyone knows of some good natural medicine that might help, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

If the Dr. suspects GastroEsophogealRefluxDisease or GERD you may want to try gingeroot. Just cut yourself off a thin slice chew it until your start to taste the ginger then drink it down with water.
If that doesn’t work try another DR. A specialty I’d recommend is a pulmunologist. You may have asthma.

When I get a cold with bad post-nasal drip I often develop a severe chronic cough that’s really bad at night when I’m horizontal. It makes sleep impossible. I’ve found OTC cough medicines as well as prescription cough syrups with codeine to be completedly useless for treating sleep-deprived misery induced by chronic and severe coughing. Theobromine, which is found in cocoa, is more effective. Now, when I get a cough I start consuming lots of extra dark chocolate. If that doesn’t work, I ask my PCP for a Tussionex prescription. It’s expensive and needs to be used with care but one dose is often enough to break the coughing cycle.

As an energy healer, I personally believe that people need to learn to heal themselves. Physical illness is always a sign of illness, blocks, etc in your energy.

If you would like to learn to work with your own energy, I do recommend a book called The Reconnection by Dr Eric Pearl

THE RECONNECTION - Heal Others, Heal Yourself. Register Today!

If you want a quick run down on the book go to Free Online Radio - Internet Talk Radio | BlogTalkRadio and download the show down the bottom of Bel and Kim talking to Dr Eric Pearl.

This isn’t the Suse lizard posting…if so maybe you swallowed too many flies… :\

Or wait a week or so and then upgrade to Cough 11.1. lol!

See a different doctor then, do you smoke heavily ? are you exposed to hazardously material at job ?

I had a cough, and it stuck with me for 2 weeks.

I was taking cough medicine but then realized I had coughing fits soon after taking it and then it really didn’t do much so I stopped.

I used Vicks vapo-rub because I could tell it wanted to work itself down into my chest and I didn’t want that to happen (walking pnemonia and such).

It actually came on with a strong fever that broke in 24 hours (actually, less) and left me miserable for a day afterwards. Then it was just the cough I couldn’t shake.

If it’s wet, to the doctor you get!

If you don’t like one doctor, go to another. Remember, only half of the doctors out there graduated at the top 50% of their class! You may just have one that didn’t.

Did you watch I am Lengend? :smiley:

I am addicted to it and likes rubbing it on my nose before going to bed:)