Mozilla repository

So Firefox 55 did break more things than I thought…

Just wondering if anyone has a heads up on this as Firefox 57 is supposed to be an exciting release? I realise it’s best to get things sorted but I also note many other distros haven’t had this issue. Or are we now keeping ESR?

Hi Oceanbreeze,

From Firefox 57 (Quantum) for developers - Mozilla | MDN :

Firefox’s new parallel CSS engine — also known as Quantum CSS or Stylo — is enabled by default

(Details are at the link above)

So, yes, I think so. Sounds exciting to me.

Kind regards,

Leen

From what I’ve read TW will get FF57 LEAP will stay on ESR but will offer 57 in the Mozilla repo
aside from the new rendering engine the biggest change will be the dropping of legacy addons support so a lot of extensions will simply die off as the new webext api is extremely limited compared to the previous mozilla nss and xul
some addons have been ported, to check the status of your addons you can see this google spreadsheet

as that file is edited by the public it’s not 100% correct but you can see the statues of the ported addons

Okay guys thanks for the feedback on this.

Just to let anyone else thinking of going down the Mozilla repo route I can say that everything seems to work as it should. I now am running 56.02. I will report back if I run into any issues.