Mouse freeze at login screen

I’ll try to keep this short. I did a reinstall of 11.0 (32-bit) last night and after getting all the updates and whatnot I rebooted (old habits die hard). Anyway, in regular mode, the mouse just freezes at the login screen…no movement whatsoever. On two previous installs it worked fine w/o a hitch. The mouse WILL work in failsafe mode (kernel 2.6.25.11-0.1 pae). I check and do a little experimenting with the boot loader but still no mouse. Failsafe uses all these parameters:
showopts
ide=nodma
apm=off
acpi=off
noresume
nosmp
noapic
maxcpus=0
edd=off
x11failsafe

Regular boot parameters:
resume=/dev/sda6
splash=silent
showopts

The mouse & keyboard combo is a logitech MX3200. Like I said, it hasn’t been an issue before. Is there a parameter that needs to be added or changed? This has me pulling my hair out which I really can’t afford to do (running low on Rogaine). All suggestions welcome!

Zach

OK, I think I’ve narrowed down the problem. It’s not the boot parameters, it has something to do with the nVidia driver (card model 8500GT). I deinstall the drivers and I’m able to get back the mouse control at the [regular boot] login screen. As soon as I reinstall them, mouse control goes kaput. Now I need to figure out why it’s doing this. I’ve never had a problem before with nVidia so this is a new one on me. Again, any of you gurus out there that have so much as an inkling on how to fix this, please don’t keep it to yourself. Thanks!

Zach

It happened to me while formating a computer.
TRY to change dhe cable that connects the Hard disc to the motherboard.

It worked for me, replace it with a new one.

Salute.

if it is a usb device, try:
BIOS setup… navigate to to integrated peripherals and look for an entry of usb legacy support : set it to enable… save and reboot…
good luck