Mono Documentation does not display content

I’m running Tumbleweed with all the Mono stuff installed. Monodevelop runs OK, and some .NET applications also. However, Monodoc starts up and shows the table of content on the left side of the Window, but the right side of the windows, where I would expect the content to be displayed, is black. Cannot select anything there, so I assume that it is not some ‘black characters on black background’ display setting.
When I start monodoc from a bash window, the following is displayed:
armin@armin-pc:~> monodoc
Error: did not find one of the files in sources//usr/lib/monodoc/sources/gd2i
using MonoWebBrowser
using MonoWebBrowser

(browser:14418): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:13:08.889: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with
_viewport() instead

(browser:14418): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:13:08.894: gtk_scrolled_window_add(): cannot add non scrollable widget use gtk_scrolled_window_add_with
_viewport() instead

** (browser:14418): WARNING **: 13:13:08.983: invalid source position for vertical gradient

** (browser:14418): WARNING **: 13:13:08.983: invalid source position for vertical gradient

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with my system?

I’m attempting to duplicate this, but I’m unable to determine which package monodoc is in. Can you provide some details about how you installed Mono and what repositories you have enabled on your system?

It looks like the error shown immediately after you execute the monodoc command may be related - it kinda looks like it might be intended to be some sort of URI but is missing the :, so it might be a bug that needs to be reported.

I installed mono (and monodoc) from

Just as an experiment, I switched monodoc to

Same behaviour: the content pane is black.

Good to know. What’s the output of:

rpm -q --whatprovides `which monodoc`


I’m still not for some reason finding the correct package so I can attempt to duplicate - and I’m not quite sure why.

rpm outputs: mono-tools-4.2-2.294.noarch

Very strange. I don’t show that in the repositories.

What is the output of:

rpm -qi mono-tools


‘rpm -qui mono-tools’ responds with

Name : mono-tools
Version : 4.2
Release : 2.294
Architecture: noarch
Install Date: Mon 24 Jan 2022 14:06:02 CET
Group : Development/Tools/Other
Size : 2509309
License : GPL-2.0 and LGPL-2.0 and MIT
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Mon 24 Aug 2020 22:31:49 CEST, Key ID 25a893b83f882d82
Source RPM : mono-tools-4.2-2.294.src.rpm
Build Date : Mon 24 Aug 2020 22:25:48 CEST
Build Host : lamb04
Vendor : obs://
URL : GitHub - mono/mono-tools: The mono-tools package contains a series of extra tools for Mono users.
Summary : Collection of Tools and Utilities for Mono
Description :
Mono Tools is a collection of development and testing programs and
utilities for use with Mono.
Distribution: Mono:Factory / openSUSE_Factory

Thanks. It looks like the installation require a library (libgluezilla0) from another repo as well (the Mono repo) - not really surprising that it’s not working since its requirements aren’t fulfilled from a single repo. Without that library, the app just crashed, but that’s not actually listed as a requirement in the RPM’s requirements file.

I would probably submit a bug in bugzilla about this issue. I was able to duplicate the issue with this information, but only by pulling in that additional library from the Mono repo and running from the Mono Factory repo (which isn’t recommended as that’s a staging area AIUI).

You should open a bug in bugzilla, providing as much info about what you installed and from where, and what the results were.

Sorry for the delayed response…

libgluezilla0 is in fact installed and it comes from obs://
There is no other source offered in Yast.

Yeah, I suspect it’s the combination of different repos - you should definitely report this through bugzilla.