I have installed my opensuse 11.2 today and found that my internal microphone is not working. Can anyone help… I dont know where the problem is.
Check the Mixer settings carefully
I would like to try and help but I do not know anything about the Lenovo R61 nor about what desktop you have, nor about your sound hardware/software configuration.
Note when testing your mic I recommend you follow this: Microphone - openSUSE
and in particular send this in a terminal:
arecord -vv -fdat foo.wav
where “foo.wav” is some name (any name) you make up.
If you have no success there, then please provide information recommended to be provided as described in the 2nd half of our multimedia stickie: Welcome to multimedia sub-area - openSUSE Forums more specifically:
… please post … providing in your post the following information:
- provide the URLs (of a summary webpage) that are created by running the diagnostic script noted here:
SDB:AudioTroubleshooting - openSUSE - Script to run to obtain detailed information. On openSUSE-11.1 and newer that will ask you to run the script /usr/sbin/alsa-info.sh and after the script finishes it will give you a URL to pass to the support personnel. Please post here the output URL. Just the URL. You may need to run that script twice (the first time with root permissions to update in the /usr/sbin directory, and the second time to get the URL).
- in a terminal, or xterm, or konsole, type: rpm -qa ‘alsa’ #and post output here
- in a terminal, or xterm, or konsole, type: rpm -qa ‘pulse’ #and post output here
- in a terminal, or xterm, or konsole, type: rpm -q libasound2 #and post output here
- in a terminal, or xterm, or konsole, type: uname -a #and post output here
- for openSUSE-11.2 or later, in a terminal, or xterm, or konsole, type: cat /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf #and post output here