MF667 usb_modeswitch

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to connect to the internet in Italy with a “Tre” internet key MF667 on the last version of openSUSE KDE.

I followed some instruction about configuring usb_modeswitch and I can successfully switch to the modem (v 0x19d2 p 0x1268), then I used knetworkmanager and followed the wizard to configure the connection (tre.it etc.), but it doesn’t connect.

I guess that the problem is the “MessageContent” field in the usb_modeswitch configuration. I had to configure it by hand because I couldn’t find the starting usb mode (I don’t remember its original value right now…), but I didn’t know what to write in that field, so I tried with some value in other 19d2 devices with no success (the output from this configurations during the switch says “ok” but then, after the switch, it doesn’t connect to the internet).

Please could somebody help me? Thanks

Hiromi

If you can successfully switch to a modem device, then hopefully, there shouldn’t be a problem configuring and connecting. Does /dev/ttyUSB* exist?

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*

Did you examine the errors in /var/log/NetworkManager? It is possible to get debug output from ModemManager that might more accurately show what is failing.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

I guess that the problem is the “MessageContent” field in the usb_modeswitch configuration. I had to configure it by hand because I couldn’t find the starting usb mode (I don’t remember its original value right now…), but I didn’t know what to write in that field, so I tried with some value in other 19d2 devices with no success (the output from this configurations during the switch says “ok” but then, after the switch, it doesn’t connect to the internet).

Hard to say without more info. Read the usb_modeswitch ‘Troubleshooting guide’

and consider posting in the forum too (to cast the net wider)

http://www.draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch/bb/

Thank you for your answer,

yes, /dev/ttyUSB* exists.

This evening I’ll check /var/log/NetworkManager and the links you suggested…