Make flash use the correct sound card

Hello all,

Had a well working sound system until I bought a USB webcam with microphone. Sound still works well except with flash. As mentioned here my problem is making flash use my normal sound card instead of the USB webcam microphone.

cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_usb_audio
 1 snd_ctxfi

I don’t have a sound configuration file and I don’t want to black list snd-usb since I actually want to use it in Skype.

How do I make Flash use the Xfi?

I had a similar problem with having no sound in games, sound worked well in all other app’s. I had to configure my sound cards so that the Xfi was the default instead of the intel.

cat /proc/asound/modules                                                                                                                                                                               
 0 snd_ca0106                                                                                                                                                                                             
 1 snd_hda_intel               

After doing this I had sound in all applications. Using Yast > Hardware > Sound, delete ‘usb audio’ and then reconfigure using ‘Add’ this will move ‘Xfi’ to the top of the list and set ‘usb audio’ as second. After doing this you should then have /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf.

This will mean that Skype will use your Xfi as well of course, not being a Skype user I don’t know how this will affect you. Hopefully all will be well.

This issue seems to have resolved itself with a reboot. I suppose the system got confused about the presence of the webcam. It appears to be working fine for now. I will post back here if I have any problems but it seems to be good atm.