Make Dropbox use Dolphin

I am running openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE.

Dropbox uses Nautilus for its desktop integration. Is there a way to make it use Dolphin instead?

How did you install dropbox ? I followed these instructions http://forums.opensuse.org/content/37-re-how-install-dropbox-kde-comments2.html and it uses dolphin. You probably used a gnome repository and got the nautilus integration. You could try uninstalling the integration package and installing the right one.

You only need the kde-extra repo now
For 12.2 it’s
Index of /repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_12.2

You need to remove the nautilus package
And add the package: dropbox-servicemenu

Thank you for your response. I did as you suggested, still… Imgur: The magic of the Internet :frowning:

Thank you for your response. I do not recall how I had installed Dropbox. The linked page does not seem to provide instructions for 12.2. Will the 12.1 ones work?

Remove kfilebox and dolphin-dropbox-plugin

Your using nautilus has messed things up, it may take some work

I used these links today (fresh install of 12.2 on my brand new laptop !!!) and it works like a charm
Index of /repositories/network/openSUSE_12.2
Index of /repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_12.2
Note I changed the 12.1 to 12.2

cheers!

Edit: And caf4926 is right, nautilus has probably pulled in lots of gnome dependencies, so if you were not using anything of gnome before, then you have a lot of unneeded packages on your system, although I am not sure if there is a simple way to remove them…

Thanks, done. What is the next step?

I remember having this happen once myself and I had a hell of a job getting rid of Nautilus.
I may have even done a clean install to remove all the gnome garbage

Test a new user account, because that won’t have the krap in in it.

Nice talk about those gnome packages :stuck_out_tongue:
Just kidding…

I have a bucket-load of applications installed (and configured to my tastes), many of which took quite some work. So clean install is certainly not an option. I think I will live without Dropbox Dolphin integration instead. :slight_smile: Thank you both though. I appreciate your prompt and helpful responses.

Just uninstall nautilus:

zypper rm nautilus

Worked for me…