mail backup

In fact it doesn’t work. I’ll try to install it

I’m not able to find mc to install…

Go to Yast-Software-Software Management in the search box type mc.

If it is not in the list show us

zypper lr -d

to List which Repositories you are connecting to.

Or you can use the command line examples already given to create a tar backup

Or you may be more comfortable with a GUI backup solution. You can install DarGUI it is nice and simple.

On 2010-09-05 16:06, opensuserxxx wrote:
>
> I’m not able to find mc to install…

zypper install mc

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” GM (Elessar))

It doesn’t find the required repo to install…
I’ll try with DarGUI…

I’ll let you know

well,

Seems that I fallen in a loop: I have to upgrade my OS version, and I do my mail backup, but Nautilus doesn’t work and it’s not possible to install any other software as the installation repos are no more available, so I should upgrade in order to be able to do my backup…:open_mouth:

On 2010-09-05 20:06, opensuserxxx wrote:
>
> well,
>
> Seems that I fallen in a loop: I have to upgrade my OS version, and I
> do my mail backup, but Nautilus doesn’t work and it’s not possible to
> install any other software as the installation repos are no more
> available, so I should upgrade in order to be able to do my backup…:open_mouth:

What do you mean, repos are not available? What version of opensuse do you have?

Ah, ok, you have 11.0. You only need oss and non-oss repos, and they are stil available. I looked.

<http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/>

When it disappears, you will find it still in

<http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/discontinued/distribution/11.0/repo/>

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” GM (Elessar))

Did you try the command line. You don’t have to have mc it is just a bit easier for those allergic to the command line.

there is the copy command cp type man cp to get info on how to use it. Or tar it up with the suggestion above then copy the tar file to the external drive.

I forgot you are coming from 11.0 which no longer is supported. Though the last repo is around somewhere it is just not being fixed anymore.

So far,

Mouse right click | Open in terminal - does not start a terminal window?

In Gnome Nautilus (File Browser) | CTRL-H (Show Hidden Files) | highlight .evolution | mouse right click | copy (.evolution) | navigate to backup folder | mouse right click | paste (creates .evolution folder) - does not work?

From Gnome traditional menu | System | File Manager | Gnome Commander - does not start Midnight Commander ?
From Gnome new menu | More Applications | System | Gnome Commander - does not start Midnight Commander?

IMHO, the only problem with the tar command line would be the actual recovery command for the user, which I do not see supplied.

I lean towards the cp command or Nautilus/MC copy and paste.