Lost my internetconnection after upgrade

Hi,

After having updated unconditionally all packages in Kde-desktop-factory-repository to get the latest version 4.4.4, I can no longer connect to the Internet through Knetworkmanager. I receive the the following message from a pop-up window when clicking on the Knetworkmanager icon

KNetworkManager cannot start because the installation is misconfigured.
System DBUS policy does not allow it to provide user settings; 
contact your system administrator or distribution.
KNetworkManager will not start automatically in future.

I tried opening Knetworkmanager in a terminal as root user through ‘su’ but received the following message:

# knetworkmanager

knetworkmanager(2331): KUniqueApplication: Cannot find the D-Bus session server: 
"Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
not send a reply,  the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." 

knetworkmanager(2330): KUniqueApplication: Pipe closed unexpectedly. 

When I try to open it in terminal as a user, I receive the same pop-up window with the above mentioned message but also the followin out-put in the terminal:

knetworkmanager(4389)/kdeui (Wallet): The kwalletd service has been disabled 
brahma_vihara@linux-1dlx:~> knetworkmanager(4389)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
knetworkmanager(4389)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-bv/ksycoca4"
knetworkmanager(4389)/kdecore (KLibrary): The library "/usr/lib64/kde4/solid_networkmanager07.so" does not offer a qt_plugin_instance function. 

Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to InterfaceConnectionItem "", which already has a layout.

I’ve been using 4.4.3, prior to up-dating the system to 4.4.4.

Search the forums for “KDE4 4.4.4 dbus”, there’s some posts containing a working solution, thouhg I thought that this was already fixed. See if there are new updates, apply them before trying the other solution.

Thanks Knurpht! My Knetworkmanager is working again! :slight_smile: