lost krunner in kde4.1 but only for my account

krunner stopped working for me but not other accounts, if I rename ~/.kde4 and restart it will work but then I’ve got to re-customize kde4 again

when I call it (alt+f2) it shows on the taskbar but the window does not show

tried using launchy as an alternative but that just says:
“Could not load platform file!”

thanks,


Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.1beta (factory repo), Opera 9.x weekly

google01103 wrote:

> krunner stopped working for me but not other accounts, if I rename ~/.kde4
> and restart it will work but then I’ve got to re-customize kde4 again
>
> when I call it (alt+f2) it shows on the taskbar but the window does not
> show
>
> tried using launchy as an alternative but that just says:
> “Could not load platform file!”
>
> thanks,
>
ok, now here’s the weird thing - the krunner window doesn’t display but it does function. huh? yep - if I hit alt+f2 nothing shows on the display but if I type a command name (which is not displayed) the command runs. So it appears that krunner starts and works but doesn’t display anything!

ideas?

thanks

Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.1beta (factory repo), Opera 9.x weekly

I’ve exactly the same problem: a workaroud to show krunner is disabling “desktop effect”. But I’d like to use kde 4.1 with the fancy effect and I don’t know how to solve it…


Fabio

Auto-reply…
I’ve found that the problem is with the Oxygen theme: krunner works even with desktop effect enabled but using aya theme and not Oxygen…
There is a bug filed on bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=409438


Fabio

nothingman wrote:

>
> google01103;1849907 Wrote:
>> google01103 wrote:
>> ok, now here’s the weird thing - the krunner window doesn’t display but
>> it does function. huh? yep - if I hit alt+f2 nothing shows on the
>> display but if I type a command name (which is not displayed) the
>> command runs. So it appears that krunner starts and works but doesn’t
>> display anything!
>>
>> ideas?
>>
>> thanks
>> –
>> Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.1beta (factory repo), Opera 9.x weekly
>
> I’ve exactly the same problem: a workaroud to show krunner is disabling
> “desktop effect”. But I’d like to use kde 4.1 with the fancy effect and
> I don’t know how to solve it…
>
had tried that but didn’t help, might have needed to restart kde ?

Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.1beta (factory repo), Opera 9.x weekly

nothingman wrote:

>
> nothingman;1849920 Wrote:
>> I’ve exactly the same problem: a workaroud to show krunner is disabling
>> “desktop effect”. But I’d like to use kde 4.1 with the fancy effect and
>> I don’t know how to solve it…
>>
>> –
>> Fabio
>
> Auto-reply…
> I’ve found that the problem is with the oxigen theme: krunner works
> even with desktop effect enabled but using aya theme and not oxigen…
> There is a bug filed on bugzilla:
> https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=409438
>
thanks, spent hours playing with ~/.kde4/share/config trying to fix it
note: just changing theme isn’t enough you need to restart kde

q - any theme or just aya?

Suse 11.0 x64, Kde 4.1beta (factory repo), Opera 9.x weekly

Yes I forgot to mention that you have to restart kde after change theme.
It found that krunner works also with silicon theme but I dind’t tried others…


Fabio