Lost auto login

I seem to have lost the auto-login facility - using Tumbleweed latest snaphot 11112021 Plasma KDE.

I have checked the Yast Setting and that still shows auto-login enabled. Have also checked the behaviour setting in System Settings / Start Up And Shut Down / Login Screen (SDDM) and that looks right too.

The setting in the file in etc / sysconfig / displaymanager is

DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN=“garry”

Which again looks right.

What have I missed?

I have also lost autologin, even with the 20211116 not solved.

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20211116
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.88.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.14-3-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 20 × Intel® Core™ i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 31.2 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

Show current /etc/sddm.conf (or /etc/sddm.conf.d/ configuration files if present).

Thanks for posting Deano

I ended up doing a fresh install of the 16112021 snapshot and that is working fine.

Thanks for reporting back here, and good to know it is working as expected for you. :slight_smile:

/etc/sddm.conf is a empty file

kde_settings.conf:

[Autologin]
Relogin=false
Session=plasma5
User=XXX

[General]
HaltCommand=
RebootCommand=

[Theme]
Current=breeze-openSUSE

[Users]
MaximumUid=60000
MinimumUid=1000

I have updated to snapshot 17/11/2021 and have lost my automatic login.

Same sddm settings as heelstraf.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

I assume that the DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN entry in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager is as you reported it in your opening post? If so, you should submit a bug report.

I gave up on sddm a while ago, using lightdm now by choice… but you could try:

For user “fred” (change user name appropriately) to autologin create a file “autologin.conf” in “/etc/sddm.conf.d” with the following content:

[Autologin]
User=fred

That’s how I recalled it some years back, but DISPLAYMANAGER_AUTOLOGIN entry in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager is what counts now. I don’t usually enable autologin, but testing here with openSUSE Leap 15.3, and KDE Plasma 5.23.3, it works when I assign the autologin user via YaST.

OK. Thanks… Your knowledge is more current than mine.

After a bit more playing around I discovered that the ‘lost auto login’ issue is due to the latest version of ‘suse-prime’. If i remove this package or install an earlier version of the rpm, auto login works again (although with a raft of error messages on booting).

I will play about a bit more and then submit a bug report.

Thanks for posting.

Interesting find. Thanks for the update.

I confirm:
delete “suse-prime” (+plasma5-applet-suse-prime) solved the auto login problem.