Just installed OpenSuse 42.3, and looks like hardware acceleration is not working in firefox.
The IGP is Intel HD Graphics on Celeron 3215U (In Windows, the driver that works is the one designed for HD Graphics 5500).
Everything else is working, including desktop 3D effects (like Glide, Wobbly Windows, etc).
Here’s what’s displayed in firefox troubleshooting page:
The problem I’m facing is that parts of firefox flicker. When I start typing in the “search” box beside the url bar, firefox shows a list of suggestions- this suggestions list part constantly flickers (goes black, shows suggestions, goes black, shows suggestions,…). The same happens when I click on the the three “–” bars to open the firefox menu- the menu flickers like the search suggestions. This laptop was running firefox in Windows just a while back before i formatted the hard disk, and these problems were not present there- hardware acceleration was working in Windows and nothing was flickering.
This is a fresh install, and so far all I’ve done is:
- Installed multimedia codecs and switched system to ‘pacman’.
- Updated opensuse.
- Installed VLC from pacman using yast
- Changed the theme as you can see
- Enabled some desktop effects (Glide, Wobbly)
- Installed three firefox add-ons (Ghostery, Ad-block plus, KProxy) all from the official firefox add-on page. (The flickering persists even if I disable all three add-ons and restart firefox).
Is there a way to fix this? Perhaps enabling H/W acceleration will do the trick?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I’m no Linux expert so please don’t use hi-tech words in the reply…