Login screen to have blank user name screen

Hi,
Leap42.1 Theme is Maldives
How to have login screen user name field be blank for a user to input a name?
Thanks

Setting “RememberLastUser=false” in /etc/sddm.conf (in the [Users] section) should work.

See also “man sddm.conf”.

Thanks for the info. it didn’t work.

Then try to remove the file /var/lib/sddm/state.conf. It might still use the value stored in there already even if RememberLastUser is false.

If that doesn’t help, please post /etc/sddm.conf.

Hi,

That removed the user name from login screen. The state.conf file had a line username=. I remed it out.

Thanks for your assistance.

I have been using openSUSE since version 10. It is a challenge to get it setup the way I want it. I do enjoy the mental stimulation. Once it is setup the way I desire, it is a pleasure to use it.

Windows, also, was somewhat of a challenge, also,

Bob

12/24/15
Hi,
The last username from the login screen has reappeared. Some function changes the **/var/lib/sddm/state.conf **to include the last user name. Below are copies of **/var/lib/sddm/state.conf **and the **/etc/sddm.conf files.
What files, in addition to these, do you suggest tha I modify?

Thanks for your help.
Copy of files’ content

/etc/sddm.conf**

[Theme]

Current=breeze

Current=maldives
CursorTheme=breeze_cursors

[XDisplay]
ServerPath=/usr/bin/X
SessionCommand=/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession
DisplayCommand=/etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup
MinimumVT=7
MaximumUid=1002 #Unused variable

[Users]
#RememberLastUser=false

Remember the lastsuccessfully logged in user

RememberLastUser=false

/var/lib/sddm/state.conf

[Last]

Name of the lastlogged-in user. This username will be preselected/shown when the #login screen shows up

User=stargazer

Name of the lastlogged-in user. This username will be preselected/shown when thelogin screen shows up

User=stargazer

**I Changed …/state.conf to **

[Last]

Name of the lastlogged-in user. This username will be preselected/shown when the #login screen shows up

User=stargazer

Name of the lastlogged-in user. This username will be preselected/shown when thelogin screen shows up

User=stargazer

Name of the last logged-in user=false
After lgin the …/state.conf file was auto modified to:
**[Last]

Name of the last logged-in user. This username will be preselected/shown when the # login screen shows up

User=stargazer

Name of the last logged-in user. This username will be preselected/shown when the login screen shows up

User=stargazer

Name of the lastlogged-in user=false # Unused variable < the “# Unused variable” was added by a deamon.>

User=stargazer

Hm, your sddm.conf looks ok, so this shouldn’t happen.

I will try to reproduce it. (I don’t use sddm myself normally, but have it installed…)