libytnef-devel missing

When running the configure script of claws-mail (downloaded from CM’s git repo) it tells me:

configure: WARNING: Plugin tnef_parse will not be built; missing libytnef"

However I can’t find any package which provides libytnef-devel in Yast.

What should one do in such situations?

On Thu 26 Jul 2018 10:16:03 AM CDT, heyjoe wrote:

When running the configure script of claws-mail (downloaded from CM’s
git repo) it tells me:

Code:

configure: WARNING: Plugin tnef_parse will not be built; missing
libytnef"

However I can’t find any package which provides libytnef-devel in Yast.

What should one do in such situations?

Hi
Look at the configure help…

../configure --help
../configure --disable-tnef_parse-plugin

There are some disabled by default, some you need to enable…

Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-23-default
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below… Thanks!

I have already done that.

There are some disabled by default, some you need to enable…

No. It is disabled due of missing dependency, not because of command line option. One cannot enable it without having libytnef. But on openSUSE Leap 15.0 I don’t find any package providing that.

Hi
I guess as one of the openSUSE claws-mail contributors I don’t know anything… :wink:

It’s disabled because we don’t use it in openSUSE since it switched to the external lib (peruse the changelog), it’s disabled with a bcond in the spec file… so, two options build the missing lib yourself or disable… openSUSE claws-mail maintainers have it disabled… :wink:

I don’t know why you would guess that but it is not what I said. I also have no way to know who contributes to what :wink:

It’s disabled because we don’t use it in openSUSE since it switched to the external lib (peruse the changelog), it’s disabled with a bcond in the spec file… so, two options build the missing lib yourself or disable… openSUSE claws-mail maintainers have it disabled… :wink:

I don’t use openSUSE’s build of claws-mail. I download the source code directly from git and build it myself. I understand the two possible options. Thank you!

Hi
Check spec file and changelog on OBS is one way to see what is used (as well as patches that may not be upstreamed);

How does it help to answer the question “is there libytnef package for openSUSE”?

You can go to https://software.opensuse.org/ and find package in one of home repositories or build missing software yourself.

Yeah, I had a look at that one. It meanitons libytnef-devel too - I wonder why, considering it is not part of openSUSE.

Hi
With all due respect, it’s disabled in the openSUSE build, hence it doesn’t exist (yet in Tumbleweed), so the OP will need to build it themselves, or disable if not needed.

I did that before starting the thread.

I’m not clear, do you need the development headers also, or just the libraries?
There are pre-built libraries at the following, and I also see numerous builds at RPMfind for other distros like Fedora which can be tried

https://software.opensuse.org/package/libytnef0

TSU

For all other claws-mail plugins the *-devel packages are required and if a devel package is missing then the plugin dependency fails. Examples:

libgcrypt-devel
libgdata-devel
libpoppler-glib-devel
librsvg-devel
openldap2-devel

So it should be the devel package.