Lenovo thinkstation d20 disk controller driver

Howdy,

The OpenSuse 64 bit CD doesn’t seem to have the device driver for the MVSAS PCI-E x4 on the Lenovo D20 box, even though the installer seems to be able to configure and format the disks, the resulting installed system won’t boot.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Cheers,

H.

Howdy,

The OpenSuse 64 bit CD doesn’t seem to have the device driver for the MVSAS PCI-E x4 on the Lenovo D20 box, even though the installer seems to be able to configure and format the disks, the resulting installed system won’t boot.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Cheers,

H.
Hello hermanab. I do not know what a “MVSAS PCI-E x4” is but, if you can not select the hard drive connected to this in your BIOS setup as the first boot drive, then you can not boot openSUSE from it. For instance, I could install a USB 3 card in my computer and openSUSE would allow me to install it to that USB 3 hard drive, but my BIOS does not see the USB 3 drive and so it can not be selected to be booted from. Basically, the kernel must be loaded to find the drive and so, Linux must already be booted up and running to see a USB 3 drive until USB 3 support shows up in the BIOS. So tell us if you can select a drive on your “MVSAS PCI-E x4” card as the first boot drive on your Lenovo D20 box and if so, you need to tell us a lot more about your hardware than you mentioned in your first message here.

Thank You,