leap 42 continuously freezing (Gnome)

Hi :wink:
I have an HP laptop and last november I installed Leap 42 distro with Gnome desktop. Once in a while the system freezes and need to apply the ALT + Syskey + reisub sequence to reboot safely.
Today, when updating the system, the system froze and needed to reboot several times…
The system stays “stable” for just 1 or 2 minutes. In one of the oportunities I put this command:

journalctl  --no-pager  -p  0..3  --since=today

and received this two messages:

GLib-CRITICAL: g_child_watch_add_full: assertion 'pid > 0' failed
​The gnome keyring socket is not owned with the same credentials as the user login: /run/user/1000/keyring/control

Could you please help me fix this “bug”?lol!

I also get this message in 13.2 KDE 64-bit, but it’s not an issue for me.

Jun 02 00:03:14 bruno-03 su[17548]: The gnome keyring socket is not owned with the same credentials as the user login: /run/user/1000/keyring/control
Jun 02 00:03:14 bruno-03 su[17555]: The gnome keyring socket is not owned with the same credentials as the user login: /run/user/1000/keyring/control
Jun 02 00:03:14 bruno-03 su[17555]: gkr-pam: couldn't unlock the login keyring.

However it’s not at every boot AFAICT. If it’s an user-related problem you could try to create a new user.

But probably your issue lies elsewhere. Graphics driver, perhaps? AMD, NVidia, Intel or Optimus, each is different. Do you have this problem if you log to a terminal, instead of the graphical target? You can set that by editing the boot parameters at Grub’s boot screen, for example.

Another test would be to boot with a liveCD - I think there’s one for tumbleweed, that loads the applicable open source video driver - so you can see if you still have this problem.

Good luck.

This second message does not worry me very much. It is the first one, I believe, that’s causing my system to crash. However, I will try what you suggest me and post back.
Thanks for your quick reply lol!

This is my video card info:

# lshw  -numeric  -C  display
        *-display

description: VGA compatible controller
             product: Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 2
             bus info: [EMAIL="pci@0000"]pci@0000[/EMAIL]:00:02.0
             version: 0c
             width: 32 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
             configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
             resources: irq:90 memory:90000000-903fffff memory:80000000-8fffffff ioport:2050(size=8)

Can you help me? Thanks lol!