Leap 42.1 - Unable to build Kencfs

Hello.

I plan to change 13.2 to leap.
I have just installed leap 42.1 to replace 13.2

Laptop ASUS G75VW 24Gb of ram.
Done a fresh install.
Folder / , folder /home and folder /root has been formatted during install.
Installed language is English, keyboard layout is french.

I could not build Kencfs.
Nothing about kde in /usr/include/kde4.

make
/usr/bin/uic mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h
/usr/bin/uic fsdialog.ui -o ui_fsdialog.h
/usr/bin/uic configdialog.ui -o ui_configdialog.h
configdialog.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: '' is not a valid widget.
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/kde4 -I. -I. -o main.o main.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/default -I. -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/kde4 -I. -I. -o mainwindow.o mainwindow.cpp
mainwindow.cpp:24:33: fatal error: kstatusnotifieritem.h: No such file or directory
 #include <kstatusnotifieritem.h>
                                 ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:265: recipe for target 'mainwindow.o' failed
make: *** [mainwindow.o] Error 1

Any help is welcome.

It is a bit (or not even a bit) off topic, but when you mean that you recreated (or formmated) the file sytems to be mounted at /, /home and /root, does that mean you realy have a separate file stem for /root? When that is the case, can you please explain why you choose for this uncommon behaviour.

IMHO the very existance of /root as root’s home directory, not inside /home, but inside the root file system was done to avoid it being in a separate file system that probably could not be mounted one misserable day in the future. In other words, when the mounting at boot of /home fails, the home directory of root will still be there when it is inside the root file system, making login as root still possible.

about your build errors did you install the kde4 include files libkde4-devel?
https://software.opensuse.org/package/libkde4-devel
they are the ones that provide those functions

zypper in libkde4-devel

about your install, there seams to be some sort of confusion, you mention both / and /root, the /root folder is where the super users confilg files go, it shouldn’t be on a different partition (it can but that will only confuse things)
you really didn’t have to format /home as the applications that can use the old kde4 config files (like amarok) will continue to use them plasma 5 uses a different configuration scheme

“zypper in libkde4-devel” do the job.; install is Ok.

Great. :good:
I have Just to use it to verify if it runs.

Thank you very much.

Why not express your thanks in answering the question about /root we both have?

Because it is off topic relative to my question.
Have a nice day