Leap 42.1 fails to install while deploying images

I successfully installed Leap 42.1 on my laptop but cannot get it to install on my desktop machine. After configuring the install it gets to 7% through the deploying images stage and then exits the graphical installer to the text based installer back at the installation, boot from hard disk, etc… menu.

I’ve checked the disk I’m trying to install on and badblocks found no problem with it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

It might be a graphics driver problem.

Try adding “nomodeset” to the kernel command line. For UEFI booting, hit ‘e’ on the grub boot menu, and scroll down till you find the line beginning “linux” (or, probably, “linuxefi”). Append " nomodeset" to the end of that line. Then resume booting.

It turns out the problem was a bad installation DVD even though I’d used the same DVD to load my laptop a couple of days ago, I found errors on one of the cosoles with messages about a problem reading from /dev/sr0. Burning a new DVD fixed it.

I’m glad you were able to solve your problem.

It’s a problem with DVDs (and CDs), that sometimes they are readable on one computer but not on another due to a small difference in head alignment. That’s one of the reasons that I am preferring to use USB flash drives for installing.