LaTeX package: scrlayer-scrpage missing on openSUSE 13.1

Hi,
i just noticed, that in the current version of openSUSE 13.1 the LaTeX package: scrlayer-scrpage is not included. This is a package for creating stuff like custom headers and footers, much like the fancyhdr package (which is kind of old and should not be used with KOMA document classes).
Currently i can avoid the scrlayer-scrpage package by using the old srcpage2 package but i noticed that the scrlayer-scrpage package is already available on other distributions (like ubuntu 14.04).

I just have the following simple questions:

1. do i maybe just overlooked the package in yast? If yes, what is the name of the yast package?
  2. Can i expect that the missing package maybe got added to the default repository of opensuse 13.1 eventually or do i definitely have to wait for openSUSE 13.2 for that to happen?

thanks

Don’t know if this will do it,
When I run

zypper se --provides scrpage

it returns a package called

texlive-koma-script

I recommend you install that,

zypper in texlive-koma-script

then run the following to see what you have

rpm -ql texlive-koma-script

HTH,
TSU

On 2014-05-14, tsu2 <tsu2@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:
> Code:
> --------------------
> rpm -ql texlive-koma-script
> --------------------

I think the OP already has srcpage2 provided the texlive-koma-script, which has been replaced with something newer in
other distributions.

13.1 comes with TeXLive 2013 and so the version of KOMA-Script shipped with it does not include scrlayer-scrpage which comes with the 2014 release. That is why distros released more recently will have it.

I see, so there is definitely not going to be an update within the openSUSE 13.1 repositorys?

On 2014-05-15 10:56, sabo007 wrote:
>
> I see, so there is definitely not going to be an update within the
> openSUSE 13.1 repositorys?

For a “definite” answer, you have to ask the people maintaining those
packages. My guess is that you will not see that on the “official”
repos, but you might on the “non official” repos.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

A new version of the KOMAscript bundle has been published some weeks ago, as well as a large number of other packages. Please have a look here, this is the page where new packages usually are announced: ctan-ann

As you probably know, packages on CTAN are not rpm packages. openSuse would have to update its TeX-sytem every week to stay on top of development.

Usually I’d suggest to install texlive (http://tug.org/texlive/) instead of the openSuse packages, I choose /local/ as path on my system. There is even a dummy package for openSuse, so that there is no need to maintain both installations or getting messages about unsolved dependencies. texlive comes with an update system. But texlive 2013 is frozen and I’m not sure whether it contains the new version of KOMAscript (probably yes).

So the easiest thing is to install a new version of KOMAscript on a local TDS-tree, and leave the openSuse installation as it is. If you don’t know how to do that, there is much documentation out there, in English as well as in many other languages. But I recommend to install texlive, and if you are brave, take texlive 2014, which is beta but should work on Linux.

On 2014-05-14 22:56, john hudson wrote:
>
> 13.1 comes with TeXLive 2013 and so the version of KOMA-Script shipped
> with it does not include scrlayer-scrpage which comes with the 2014
> release. That is why distros released more recently will have it.

Even our factory has only 2013.20130620 version.

http://software.opensuse.org/package/texlive?search_term="texlive"

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from 13.1 x86_64 “Bottle” (Minas Tirith))

Thank you all, i think i will stay with the scrpage2 package then, it is as easy as commenting out “\usepackage”{scrlayer-scrpage}" and using “\usepackage{scrpage2}”
instead, at least in my case there is no additional modification of my tex file needed.