I’m hoping someone can help me out here…
- Cannot configure my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. What’s odd is that all the special keys on the MS WL Keyboard work fine, but not on the mouse. I can’t use the forward or back side buttons, and nor can I do horizontal scrolling. I’m tired of messing around with X11 files. Every time I do, something breaks.
- KMix is AWFUL for my audio card. With my audio card, DAC is left and DAC 2 is right. I can’t link either together in KMix, which makes volume changing take a lot longer than it should, not to mention it renders the volume-adjustment keys on my keyboard useless. Multi Track Volume does nothing for some reason. I was going to see if I could switch to the PulseAudio volume control mixer, but changing anything in it has no effect on the volume.
- Can’t adjust login screen for some reason. I’ve changed it, but the actual changes never appeared - it’s the same old default SUSE login screen. Also for some reason, the root user is now also listed in the available users. I can’t even figure out how to get back into the settings for this now.
- After changing my user image, I can no loner change it. I just get the error “Your administrator has disallowed changing your image”?!
- I very clearly specified the hostname during setup to be Caesium
- however, for some unknown reason, SUSE decided to use the hostname Beryllium instead. My only guess is that it somehow picked it up from my windows install…???
bangs head on wall