I would like to introduce an application to you that I’ve been working on. It’s a Screenshot Tool with many annotation features and actually those annotation features were the primary motivation for writing this application as I was missing them while using Spectacle. The application was inspired by Windows Snipping Tool, at least the main window, but currently features far more annotation and other features. I’ve tried to make a lot of configuration options available so users can fine tune the application as they like.
Latest ksnip version (1.5.0 alpha, master branch) contains following features:
- X11 and experimental KDE and Gnome Wayland support.
- Taking Screenshot of a custom rectangular area that can be drawn with mouse cursor (X11 and Gnome Wayland only).
- Taking screenshot of the screen/monitor where the mouse cursor is currently located.
- Taking screenshot of full screen, including all screens/monitors.
- Taking screenshot of window that currently has focus (X11 and Gnome Wayland only).
- Taking screenshot of window under mouse cursor (KDE Wayland only).
- Take screenshot with or without mouse cursor.
- Customizable capture delay for all capture options.
- Upload screenshots directly to imgur.com in anonymous or user mode.
- Drawing on captured screenshot with two different tools, pen (opaque) and maker (semi-transparent).
- Drawing two shapes ellipse and rectangle, with and without fill.
- Drawing lines and arrows.
- Customizable color and size (thickness) for all drawing tools.
- Writing text on screenshots, with customizable font, size, color etc.
- Numbering tool with customizable font and color.
- Any drawing (or multiple selection) can be moved around without deleting it by simply dragging it to new location.
- Ordering paint items (bring to front, send to back).
- Cropping captured screensshot, including any drawing on the captured image.
- Command line support, for taking screenshot and saving it to default location, filename and format.
- Customizable default location, filename and format for saving new screenshots with wildcards for Year ($Y), Month ($M), Day ($D) and Time ($T).
- Print screenshot or save is to pdf/ps.
- Undo/Redo for paint and crop operations.
- Smooth out free hand pen and marker lines (can be disabled in settings).
- Drop shadow for paint items (can be disabled in settings).
The source code is available on GitHub, we have also RPMs for latest stable release and AppImages, also for latest stable and for continues builds, which are generated after commits on master, can be found here.
Would be nice if you could give it a try. Suggestions for improvements, feature requests and bugs reports are always welcome, they can be made under the GitHub issue page, here.
Also, I’m looking for packagers and translaters, so let me know if you would like to contribute.