Kontact in KDE4 no longer has master control panel?

Kontact in KDE3.5.7 has a master control panel located on the left, where one can navigate between summary, contacts, calendar, to-do, journal, notes and feeds.

Kontact in KDE4.1 opens a calendar program with no ability to navigate to contacts, email, etc.

Is there some setting to restore this feature? Is this a bug? Or, is this intentional?

• Parthenolide wrote, On 09/18/2008 12:26 AM:
    > Kontact in KDE3.5.7 has a master control panel located on the left,
    > where one can navigate between summary, contacts, calendar, to-do,
    > journal, notes and feeds.

I see a toolbar panel, and I can drag it to the left side of the kontact window.

Uwe

I can do this as well. The toolbar I see has a button for new messages, a drop down window for new message, new contact, new distribution list, … , and a button titled “What’s This?”. I don’t see buttons to take me to existing mail, existing contacts, RSS feeds, Journal entries, etc., which for lack of a better term, I’m calling the master control panel. Clicking on new contact, new message, etc., fires a pop up window with the respective interface for new data. I can’t seem to get into my existing contacts, emails, etc. I suspect I have a setup error, however, this is the default setting.

• Parthenolide,

that’s not what I had in mind.
Click “Settings”, “Toolbar”: Is “Navigator” enabled? That’s what I mean.

Uwe

It worked. Thank you my friend.