Koffice vs Open Office

Good question. But irrelevant to the topic.

Only if you don’t understand analogies.

I use KWord, OpenOffice and LyX/LateX for serious work just as I use different sizes for screwdriver for different jobs in the house, on the bike or on certain types of equipment.

The idea that the seriousness of the work you do is dependent on the tool you use is nonsense.

BTW the original question was about what KWord offers that OO doesn’t and that was the question I initially answered. Each of the three above can do things the two others cannot.

Yeah, I didn’t even know about those other office suites. I downloaded KOffice, but I don’t know how much I like it yet. I guess I will just have to play around with it for a little while. One thing that was annoying was that for some reason when I misspelled a word it would not ever stop underlining it even after I corrected the spelling. Thanks for all the information!

I’ll have to see what version I’m running, but I thought KWrite opened a .doc file?

Interestingly, I just read in man unzip via the Debian forums that it is possible to extract self extracting zips. I haven’t got one from the OU lying around to try…

[/off topic]