KMail Replies / Forwards stripping HTML formatting

I have looked inside and out of KMail, and for the life of me, I cannot seem to find out how to make KMail maintain HTML formatting and keep the images when REPLYING to sender or FORWARDING an email to another or others.

Does anyone know a tweak to make KMail Replies and forwards to stop convert everything to plain text and strip the images?

I live in a family where we all share parody, etc. emails, and plain text rarely ever cuts it.

I did not suffer such with Thunderbird.

Star_Gazer

Can I assume that no one here uses kMail, or does not care about the image and HTML stripping from replies and forwards? :expressionless:

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:46:01 GMT, Star Gazer <Star_Gazer@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>
>Can I assume that no one here uses kMail, or does not care about the
>image and HTML stripping from replies and forwards? :expressionless:

I went looking for it in settings->kmail but did not find anything that
would be clearly what you want. You could try “smart quoting” and
“prefer html” in the settings though.

Thanks. I could not find anything in the settings either. As for the “prefer html”. that does not work because once the “forward” or “Reply” for an email is selected, the HTML features and images are stripped.

Thus, I have returned to Thunderbird. One lesson I learned… don’t move everything to another like-software until it can be sure the other software one is trying until the person is satisfied they want to change to that software;

I’m checking out SeaMonkey now, but got the settings for the email accts to “Leave Message(s) on Server”. and downloading them from the server with Thunderbird.

Star_Gazer