kipi-plugins crashes Digikam on start-up

Since they have been issuing new updates to digikam, I now had to un-install kipi-plugins to stop the crashing. Now I have no plugins for Digikam. I don’t know why they have to screw up a program once people get it working properly. I tried every repo, opensuse/packman…all the latest releases, and I cannot get them to work together without crashing. Pleas post your version of Digikam, kipi-plugins. Thanks.

My versions :

kde3-Digikam - 0.9.5-6.5
Same versions for superimpose & image plugin.

Kipi-plugins that causes the crash:

0.1.5-13.1

Running KDE3 :

3.5.10-101.1

No, they have not. There are no official updates to the packages that came with openSUSE 11.1.

It works here…

$ LC_ALL=C zypper se -s -i --match-any digikam kipi
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…

S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository
–±------------------±--------±-----------±-------±-------------------
i | digikam | package | 0.10.0-3.1 | x86_64 | KDE 4.2
i | digikam-lang | package | 0.10.0-3.1 | x86_64 | KDE 4.2
i | kipi-plugins | package | 0.2-6.1 | x86_64 | home:RedDwarf:kde42
i | kipi-plugins-lang | package | 0.2-6.1 | x86_64 | home:RedDwarf:kde42
i | libkipi6 | package | 4.2.3-3.1 | x86_64 | KDE 4.2

…and my kipi-plugins is exactly the same that the one from KDE:42, only that it has opencv/automatic red eyes removal support.

Edit:

You know, KDE:KDE3 is an unsupported experimental repository.

You know, KDE:KDE3 is an unsupported experimental repository.

Who ever said they were using Suse 11.1? I am using 11.0. Packman/Opensuse repos.

Found the solution. DO NOT install Packman/Opensuse’s kipi-plugins package with the newer versions of Digikam. I downloaded the .tar package for a newer version for kde3(0.1.6), and compiled/installed it myself. Works fine now! How about someone making a new package for suse 11.0?? Version (0.1.6+). (0.1.5) TOO OLD.

kde3-kipi-plugins/libkipi0 0.1.6 packages are part of the KDE:KDE3 repository… only that the openSUSE 11.0 build failed. From the buildlog the problem isn’t clear, perhaps it was just an OBS error and a rebuild will fix it without any change… in any case open a bug report: https://bugzilla.novell.com/