Kernel regression > 4.6? How to report?

I have OpenSUSE Tumbleweed 64 bit Gnome 3 installed on an iMac 10,1 Oct 2009 (https://goo.gl/QsQR7k). It works beautifully & thanks to the dev(s) very much.
The system has been updated to latest available packages.

With the default Tumbleweed 4.7.x kernel the system is not shutting down completely
Anecdotal evidence something is busted in the newer kernels.

Symptom : USB keyboard & mouse become inoperative, screen goes black (off?), hard drive spins down but the CPU & motherboard remain active. Case remains quite warm to the touch until the power button is pressed & held for several seconds to cut the power.

Hardware : 3.06 21.5-Inch Aluminum (Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (E7600), 3 MB shared level 2 cache, 1066 MHz system bus, 4 GB of RAM (1066 MHz PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM), HDD 500 GB (7200 RPM), NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of shared memory.

Summary

Booting OpenSUSE Gnome TW with its default 4.7.x kernel the system NOT proceed to a complete normal shutdown.
Booting Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 with its default 4.8.x kernel the system does NOT proceed to a complete normal shutdown.

Booting OpenSUSE Gnome TW with its default 4.6.x kernel the system DOES proceed to a complete normal shutdown.
Booting Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 with its default 4.4.x kernel the system DOES proceed to a complete normal shutdown.

Searching the Bugzilla’s of Ubuntu & OpenSUSE reveal a few very specific system freeze/shudown reports that don’t fit this picture exactly, same for general search engine queries.
I am not a dev so before blundering into Bugzilla, I am trying to narrow down how I report this.
Ubuntu has apport, does OpenSUSE have any tool I should install before I venture to report?*

JS

If two distributions show the same problem, this is most likely upstream regression, so the best place to report would be bugzilla.kernel.org. Try upstream kernel first (both Ubuntu and openSUSE offer them) to make sure you still can reproduce the problem. But I am afraid in this case the most straightforward way to narrow it down would be bisecting, so you need to be familiar with at least basics of building custom kernel.

Thanks for your reply. On the first page of bugzilla.kernel.org “This is the Kernel Tracker system (based on Bugzilla) for posting bugs against the mainline Linux kernels (not distribution kernels).”
In view of that go away, dont bother us message I’ll try the OpenSUSE bug reporting first as I have found the dev’s there extremely courteous & helpful on the rare occasions I have needed to use.

Reported to OpenSUSE bugzilla first off.

https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1004945