keep libqt4

I am doing the offline upgrade from leap 15.2 to 15.3, and finding that the libqt4 and its dependencies will be remove.
I understand that the leap 15.3 doesn’t support it due to the security issue.
But I am still wondering that is it possible I can keep it during the upgrade?
I need the “qmake” provided by libqt4-devel to compile some software.
Thanks.

I need the “qmake” provided by libqt4-devel to compile some software.

Use qmake-qt5:

LANG=C cnf qmake-qt5

Program 'qmake-qt5' is present in package 'libqt5-qtbase-common-devel', which is installed on your system.

Absolute path to 'qmake-qt5' is '/usr/bin/qmake-qt5'. Please check your $PATH variable to see whether it contains the mentioned path.

Thank you for your quick reply.
The software I would like compile to doesn’t support to be complied by qt5.
So that’s why I want to keep the qt4.

You may wish to use the QT4 rpm’s from:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wolfi323:/branches:/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_15.3/x86_64/

I have installed the QT4 packages from this repo as I still use an old email programme that will not install otherwise.

Thank you very much for sharing this link~ :slight_smile:

But better is to port the Software to QT5…

May I ask how to add this repo.?

I did

localhost:~ # zypper ar -cfp 90 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wolfi323:/branches:/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_15.3/x86_64/ openSUSE-addrepo-01
Adding repository 'openSUSE-addrepo-01' .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
Repository 'openSUSE-addrepo-01' successfully added

URI         : http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wolfi323:/branches:/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_15.3/x86_64/
Enabled     : Yes
GPG Check   : Yes
Autorefresh : Yes
Priority    : 90 (raised priority)

Repository priorities in effect:                                                                                                                                                                                                               (See 'zypper lr -P' for details)
      90 (raised priority)  :  2 repositories
      99 (default priority) :  6 repositories

But when I did the refresh, it gave me the error

localhost:~ # zypper refresh
Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-addrepo-01' metadata ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................[error]
Repository 'openSUSE-addrepo-01' is invalid.
[openSUSE-addrepo-01|http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wolfi323:/branches:/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_15.3/x86_64/] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
History:
 - [openSUSE-addrepo-01|http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wolfi323:/branches:/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_15.3/x86_64/] Repository type can't be determined.

Please check if the URIs defined for this repository are pointing to a valid repository.
Skipping repository 'openSUSE-addrepo-01' because of the above error.
Repository 'packman' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Repository 'Update repository of openSUSE Backports' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Repository 'Non-OSS Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Repository 'Main Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Repository 'Update repository with updates from SUSE Linux Enterprise 15' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                       
Repository 'Main Update Repository' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Repository 'Update Repository (Non-Oss)' is up to date.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.

Did I make some mistake?

Thanks

Repository URL is [noparse]http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/wolfi323:/branches:/KDE:/Frameworks5/openSUSE_Leap_15.3[/noparse]

lol!
It works!!!
Thank you so much~

But its an Framwork Repo, so be patient…

Yeap :|…
During the installation of libqt4 using this repo., there were 147 conflicts reported.
I just let them continue to replace ones already in the system, and disable the repo. after the installation.
So far everything is working well.
Let’s see if any problem appears in the future after doing the official update from leap 15.3…

Qt4 is marked for deletion on “zypper dup” to 15.3 and this will remain so in future versions (to my best knowledge this list only grows). So yes, next “zypper dup” will also remove them unless package names were changed incompatibly. I am not aware how to disable this auto-remove.