kdump doesn't produce a dump. Trying to fix computer freezes

hi, I was told that upgrading to a newer kernel might fix my system freezing issue. So I use S.A.K.C. script to compile. I compiled kernels: 3.4, 3.3.7 and 3.2.18. All of the kernels cause my system to still freeze.
I thought it was only when I watched movies, but it freezes all the time. I’m thinking maybe it might have to do with my wireless card because I get disconnected and network manager acts funky sometimes ( so does ifup etc)
Anyway I bought a new wireless card ( the one I have right now is too old anyway) and it’s being shipped right now.
(oh and I’m dual booting with windows vista- doesn’t freeze in windows)

So anyway, I thought maybe I could see what the problem is by installing kdump ( even though I don’t know much about kernel programming etc…). Well I have it setup properly. I have my kernel config with debug info.
I type

systemctl status kdump.service

and get

kdump.service - LSB: kdump boot configuration
          Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/boot.kdump)
          Active: active (exited) since Sat, 09 Jun 2012 13:52:25 -0400; 48min ago
         Process: 858 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/boot.kdump start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/kdump.service

So it says its active. I don’t get any FAILED entries on boot. My computer has frozen twice and no dump in /var/crash or any restart by kdump.
I have also typed

echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger

it freezes my computer, but still no dump in /var/crash and no restart by kdump.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I don’t even think I can figure out the problem once I get the dump, but it would be nice to at least try.