kdeinit error after update

after applying the latest 10.3 updates released in the last 48 hours (sorry I dont recall which 2 were installed but I do know that one of them was a qt related update) I can no longer start a graphical session on my server.

I get a kdeinit error popup box during the kde startup, then back to a text screen. I am getting the following error messages in the logs and on the screen during the kde startup:

kde-config: error while loading shared libraries : libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
/opt/kde3/bin/kdeinit: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
startkde: could not start kdeinit. check your installation>

There is a libqt-mt.so.3 file in /usr/lib/qt3/lib which is a symlink to libqt-mt.so.3.3.8. I made sure the /usr/lib/qt3/lib is included in the LD_LIBRARY path.

Has anyone else experienced this error after installing the latest 10.3 updates? Or know why kdeinit would suddenly break?

I didnt pay attention to which 2 updates were installed this morning, and so cannot revert back to the previous installation base. Nor am I quite sure how to go about fixing kdeinit so that I can start KDE since there seems to be a bug in a shared library somewhere that doesn’t recognize libqt-mt.so.3 anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Do not want to have to reload this server as it has many Virtual Machines installed on it.

Thanks.