KDE seems to be acting up again

Back in this thread (KDE Launcher position changed), I told about the launcher position changing at random (it still does – I was never able to solve that)
Now (Nov. 8, 2011) a new problem happened, the notification box. This might have happened when it popped up and I had to drag it down to read it (it was after that when I realized that the launcher position had changed again on me). So now, the notification box seems to be permanently open.
See this screen shot: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/gymnart/kdecrazy.jpg

Is there a simple way to fix this crazy situation or do I have to live with it? (I’m still pretty much a novice and I don’t know much coding).

I’m running SuSE 11.4 64 bit, KDE 4.6.00 (4.6.0) “release 6”

Your signature quotes kde4.6
But it looks more like 4.7
I could be mistaken and it’s not really important to the problem.

If you create a new user, does the problem happen there?

> So now, the notification box seems to be permanently open.

Mine did that for awhile. Seems like I had to remove an applet/icon from
the system tray that was misbehaving.

This is the screenshot from the test account: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/gymnart/snapshot1Test.png
(I deliberately had the kicker menu open)

GofBorg, which applet was it? I think you can see all the applets I’m using. Was it one of those?

So it looks like you just have some config amiss
Hidden applications?..
SUSE Paste

You could delete the panel and add a new one?

When I click on the i for the notifier, nothing happens, I no longer get the device notifier plug icon. I can only right click on it and get the usual “Notification Settings” and “Panel Options” and “Remove this notifications”
I did have 2 notes from the KNotes app that were saved so I just deleted those a little while ago.

The hidden icons are actioned by the little triangle - not the i

Try deleting the panel
Then right click the desktop and make sure the widgets are unlocked
Right click > Add Panel > Default Panel

I did it and the empty notification box is still there.
When I right click on that empty box. it says, “Collection Settings” – What’s that? Does “Collection” have anything to do with the Notifications?

I just had to switch system so can’t look now
Try see if there is an ‘About’
It sounds like a widget of some kind. That may have something to do with ‘Collections’
It doesn’t seem to me to be anything to do with the Notifications.

ok, I just closed it (the “Collections” box). We’ll see now if it interferes with anything (if it was something needed or not).