KDE Plasma Desktop (5.23/5.6) doesn't load correctly after update to FW 5.23/Plasma 5.6.1(?)

Hello,

after updating my Leap 42.1/KDE system to the latest Framework and Plasma last weekend (yes, I know, that’s long ago, but I was busy.) plasmashell or Plasma desktop doesn’t load any more. Instead I get I rather cryptic bug-message (or better: two of them) for the two plasma containers on the desktop. The message for the desktop runs like this (sorry, it’s partly in german):

Fehler beim Laden der QML-Datei file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/main.qml:29:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module “org.kde.kquickcontrolsaddons”: Cannot load library /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kquickcontrolsaddonsplugin.so:(/usr/lib64/qt5/qml/org/kde/kquickcontrolsaddons/libkquickcontrolsaddonsplugin.so: symbol _ZN17QQuickPaintedItem10itemChangeEN10QQuickItemChangeERKNS0_14ItemChangeDataE, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQT5Quick.so.5with link time reference)

These messages appear whether I am in my user account or in root. KDE is unusable.

Since I can still access the command line, my question is: Is there hope that I can correct this by just updating FW and Plasma with newer versions? And if, which commands should I use?
I know it’s something with zypper, but which one?

Thanks for your help!

Jay

I got almost the same problem. It looked like some package blocked to upgrade of the libQt5 familiy.

To solve you have to use “zypper dup” to upgrade you installation. It will show you what packages create problems, let zypper remove them to upgrade to up-to-date versions and get your system working again.