The IBus Panel Plasmoid used to be “DE” – now it’s “EN” and, the login takes longer than expected.
- Also, the right hand “Alt” key (“alt gr”) no longer works as expected.
[HR][/HR]“ibus engine” indicates ‘xkb:us::eng’.
Executing “ibus engine xkb:de::ger” puts everything back to where it should be – the right hand “Alt” key works as expected.
[HR][/HR]The only patches which have been installed within the last 24 hours are some “ImageMagick” ones.
The system language is “de_DE” – UTF-8.
Changing anything dealing with the keyboard layout (Cherry CyMotion Master Linux) results in “X” and KDE configuration eating CPU for a minute or two.
- Or, do I need to add “ibus engine xkb:de::ger” to a KDE login script?
Executed a forced reinstallation of:
- ibus, ibus-gtk, ibus-gtk3, ibus-lang, ibus-qt, libibus-1_0-5 and typelib-1_0-IBus-1_0;
- dbus-1, dbus-1-glib, dbus-1-glib-tool, dbus-1-x11, kdbusaddons-tools, libKF5DBusAddons5, libQt5DBus5, libdbus-1-3, libdbus-1-3-32bit, libqt5-qdbus, perl-Net-DBus, python2-dbus-python, python3-dbus-python, python3-slip-dbus, ruby2.5-rubygem-ruby-dbus and system-config-printer-dbus-service.
And, the spook is gone … ← the Right Hand “Alt” key is once again working as expected – and the KDE Plasma IBus Plasmoid is once again “DE” – and the KDE login is no longer slower than what it was before …
[HR][/HR]Any ideas anyone?
Nice you repaired it.
I see no connection between the patches you mention in your first post and the forced re-installs you did (there is of course a relation between the re-installed packages and the problem). Thus I doubt we will ever uderstand what went wrong.
Going back through the Zypper history, I see that, on the 20th of July there were a couple of D-Bus patches:
- libdbus-1-3-1.12.2-lp126.96.36.199; libdbus-1-3-32bit-1.12.2-lp188.8.131.52; dbus-1-x11-1.12.2-lp184.108.40.206; dbus-1-1.12.2-lp220.127.116.11.
Whether or not something went wrong as a result of these patches hasn’t been proven, one way or another …
The only IBus changes were at the beginning of this month when I upgraded from Leap 15.0 to 15.1 …
Difficult to base a bug report on this. The more because nobody reported the same until now.
Yes, even in ICT there are riddles rotfl!